So this morning I woke up early to do a 7-mile trail run at Rancho San Antonio in Los Altos Hills so I could pick up my brother for the game at 10am. I got a late start to the run, it was a cool 53-degrees when I started and I felt real good. I had some achilles issues this past week and so I wanted to take it relatively easy, but not too easy. I finished a little late, but still managed to to get ready and to my brothers place on time.
When we arrived at the stadium and eventually the Tailgate Party we were little disappointed that there weren't any of the big name Niner Alumni, like Joe Montana, Steve Young, Jerry Rice, Roger Craig, etc. We did however see Jamie Williams (former Tight End), Guy McIntyre (former Fullback), Steve Bono (backup to Joe Montana) and Eric Davis (former Defensive Back). I really couldn't complain, the tickets were free, the food was free, the beer was free and more importantly I had an opportunity to take pictures with a few of the cheerleaders :) Who would complain about that? Ha Ha, certainly not me!
The game started out being competitive, with both the Niners and Titans trading leads in the game. The Niners actually lead at half-time, but too many turnovers eventually killed the Niners chance of winning. Oh well, what else in new?After the game my brother and I headed to this burger joint he told me about in the Mission, called Joe's Cable Car Restaurant, which he and his wife often frequent. The burgers here are suppose to be real good and the it's gotten great reviews on Yelp and was featured on the Food Network's "Diners, Drive-in's and Dive's".
As soon as we arrive at the place I can already tell this place could potentially be one of those hidden gems that I discover. The place kind of reminds me of some joint for the 50's/60's as soon as I walk in. Joe's has been opened since 1965. The menu is pretty basic, as far as burgers. There are some interesting items on the menu, like the "The Terriyake Fresh Ground Beef Steak" or the "Pizza Fresh Ground Beef Steak". What is suppose to separate this place from other burger joints is that the meat is made of ground Rib-Eye and Chuck Steak and is ground fresh daily. Explains why the burgers here cost $11. I wasn't sure what the difference was, but I'd try it anyway.I wind up ordering the 4-ounce Pizza Fresh Ground Beef Steak (you have your choice of 4, 6, or 8-ounces). It's a ground beef steak smothered in Sicilian sauce and mozzarella cheese and really just order it because it sounded good. My brother orders a 6-ounce Country Fresh Gound Beef Steak, which is basically ground steak topped with a egg served in any style. I have to admit this was a pretty good burger and I was impressed. The wait staff was excellent, which sometimes can be suspect at places like this.
So bottomline, I give this place two "Thumbs Ups!"

No comments:
Post a Comment